Author Topic: Social Media Ideas  (Read 7261 times)

Offline ezForum

• Project Manager
    • View Profile
Social Media Ideas
« on: August 19, 2011, 08:25:47 pm »
Social logins for major social networks have used gigya in the past and easy to integrate without reinventing the wheel.

Friend inviting from major social networks have used open source addon and experience using that system
Pingback/trackback for Topics

Options to repost a topic/linkback to your wordpress site.

Topic options to include: Facebook like link, digg this, tweet this, and google+ and other social networks

Auto tweeting topics/posts to twitter and or facebook and (google+ have to read up on their developer apis) Would be setup on a board basis

Option to include facebook comment box? Not sure where it would be used yet.

Twitter and facebook feed blocks for main page and or portal
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 10:13:02 pm by ezForum »

Offline Eustace

• View Profile
Re: Social Media Ideas
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 12:18:29 am »
I guess when you look at all the social networks around on the web today, many cater to the general market and few focus on any niche in particular. They're all great, they all have their pros and cons and I guess that's what makes them so popular.

It's all about sharing, connecting and I guess to a degree, all the major social networks do this well.

Something I might like to see would be more real-time information sharing, something like twitter but with live video feeds? We all have cell phones that allow us to do this with ease nowadays, and I think it would really add a little more something to the social networking scene. Instead of filming something and then uploading it to share one could stream live from their profile where this footage can then be archived for later viewing.

Offline ezForum

• Project Manager
    • View Profile
Re: Social Media Ideas
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 10:13:50 pm »
I have now done my own login system for Facebook,Twitter,LinkedIn and Google+

Pininterest is also a new comer will probably add it as an option as well.